I began wondering to myself what kind of songs would make a good playlist for the road. The first thing that came to mind was that I needed to stay awake and stay active, so each song would have to carry a solid beat. I am a big fan of the emotion packed into sad songs, but I knew I would have to leave them out of this playlist because driving all day is depressing enough. I knew I had to have that active beat, but to make the music selection process easier I categorized my music playlist into categories that would keep me conscious!
- Sing Alongs - Songs that I know by heart that I can sing out LOUD. Massive choruses are needed for this category.
- Beat Boxers - Give me some drums and a bass line that I can pound the steering wheel to.
- Guitar Heroes - Sometimes a hard rock guitar solo replicated via air guitar is needed to keep the blood pumping.
- All-Time Albums - Albums from your all-time favorite bands that you can just wear out, no matter the occasion. All songs have to be solid. You don't want to pick up a downer if you are playing songs randomly.
- Free Hit Singles - There are a ton of up-and-coming bands out there that are giving away some of their best music for free. They do this so they can reach new fans and it is a great option for building a playlist. It is always nice to hear a new song once in a while to keep the excitement going.
Road Sign Image: Flickr